Yoda - The cat with Four Ears
The household pet, named Yoda, was born with an extra set of ears. Valerie and Ted Rock took him in two years ago after visiting a bar near their home in Chicago, where he was being passed round by curious drinkers. He was one of a large litter and the owners were looking for a home for him.
The couple immediately fell for the freaky feline and asked the owner if they could adopt him. He agreed and the couple named the cat Yoda, after the pointy-eared Jedi knight in Star Wars.
Valerie, 65, said: 'We were at a pub on the south side of Chicago with a group of friends when we noticed a small cage sitting on the bar and people passing around a kitten. 'He had been part of a large litter and the owners were looking to find a home for him. 'Ted and I had just lost a cat that was our pet for over 20 years, and we were sure we were done with cats. 'When he was passed around he reached for Ted, crawled up into the crook of his neck and fell asleep - Ted was a goner. 'It was a done deal when the kitten made himself at home on Ted's shoulder.
'We decided to name him Yoda. I understand the Star Wars character was based on George Lucas' cat.'
After adopting the eight-week-old kitten into their Illinois home, Valerie decided to have Yoda checked out with the local vet. Valerie Rock and Yoda the four-eared cat.
'The vet had never seen anything like it before,' explains Valerie. 'He immediately went to the internet and found the four-eared cat in Germany. 'We have spoken with other vets in our acquaintance, and they likewise had never encountered anything like this.
'We began to realise that we had something very special.'As a result, he has been an indoor cat and has a chip installed in case he gets lost. Yoda is so different that we were concerned that he might be catnapped.'
Yoda's extra 'flaps' are separate to the base of his skull, with one placed slightly behind the other.Yet despite his unusual looks, Valerie is sure Yoda's behaviour - and hearing - are quite normal. 'Yoda's hearing is normal as far as we know,' says Valerie. 'People do a double take when they see him or his picture. It is great fun showing him off.
- ► 2012 (41)
- ► 2011 (28)
- Meet the Thermometer Man
- Animal Safari
- first Underwater Hanbok Fashion Show, Seoul
- Beautiful moss art and grass art
- Monkey business at Lopburi bhuddist Temple, Thaila...
- Cool Concrete Flooring Art (Interior Design)
- "Snot Otter" Sperm to Save Giant Salamander?
- Your Hair Reveals Whether You're a Morning Person
- "Firecane" Myth Busted—No Danger on Katrina Annive...
- Ancient Sorcerer's "Wake" Was First Feast for the ...
- Eid Formal Collection 2010
- Famous Buildings in Lego
- 12 Creative Motorcycles
- Teeth jewelry (10 images)
- Unbelievably Realistic Zombie Costumes (12 images)...
- Don't forget to feed ur dogs...!!
- 10 Most Amazing Illusions
- Rustic Hunting Cabin Converted to Calssic Victoria...
- Beauties In Black Saree
- How to look good in photos
- The Frog Jumping Festival of Valley City.
- How to make a crocodile smile:
- Oranutan Mother: A mother's love
- International Left Hander’s Day
- Coke Man - The Art Of Coca Cola Crates
- Solar Tower for the 2016 Olympic Games - Rio de Ja...
- Superb Lubrication Gel Ad
- Streets Dentists of India & China
- The Strongest Girl in The World
- Top 10 — Female Turn Ons
- Pictures: "Ghost" Robot Lets User Cuddle, Chat Rem...
- Oyster Herpes: Latest Symptom of Global Warming?
- Nano "Wiretap" Spies on Cells
- Friday the 13th Superstitions Rooted in Bible and ...
- Men judge women in milliseconds
- Beautiful Eco-Friendly Wooden House Made From Spec...
- Yoda - The cat with Four Ears
- The Interview with God
- 24 places NOT to see before you die (24 images)
- Hot Oktoberfest Lederhosen Babes (45 images)
- BCHO architects - scissor house
- I Want You to Live Longer
- Mouse Deer: Unusual Cute Animal
- Standing On Pointe - Dancing Girls
- Tips to be irresistable in bed
- Delicious Chocolate Treats
- It is Madness Part...1
- It is Madness Part...2
- It is Madness Part...3
- It is Madness Part...4
- It is Madness
- The Amazing Tree Man
- I Dont Want Increment
- Stuff No One Told Me
- Oxford Cardboard Boat Race
- How to Maintain Privacy While Using Computer
- Where Does The Time Go?
- ▼ August (57)